Monday, November 27, 2006

The Market!!

I just visited as per me to this date the world's largest market place.the sudder street,new market,park street triathlon.shops shops & more shops,its such a mind boggling placeAnything on this earth,from bangles to baniyans u get everything here.

A whole street for bangles?its a sight!I wonder how they sell,women rarely wear glass bangles these days.briyani shops,clothes,eye glasses,booze & in the midst of all this fiasco the oberoi grand!& a whole square for food items.phew!

This area is predominantly muslim & they speak good urdu here.I always have thought that I can decieve people on my ethnicity.iv passed off for everything other than a tamizh.in my lifetime iv been french,marwadi,punjabi,boston returned,spanish & for the first time a 'MIAH'!I was called a miah by a hindu guy in the market.I had to laugh!a brahmin called a miah.that's university in diversity.

The visit got me wondering.why do people write?not that Im a writer par excellence or whatever.but this is what I deduced

  • They live & possibly thrive in a pre defined shell
  • They want to explore & express their thought
  • They want to keep their vocabulary intact
  • They want to say that they do something that others don't.
  • They want to keep their sanity intact.

Haven't still decided where I fit in.iv always been a jerk.so its got to be more abnormal things!

& on the record i didnot buy a thing..jus had a long session of paani puri eating.

No comments:

webring

Powered by WebRing.